Friday, April 12, 2013

Cherry Blossoms

DC weather has not been kind to these trees this year. First, it was still wool coat weather in April, then it hits 90 for two days. I am pretty sure these flowers are blooming and wilting in the same week. Also, I feel like the location is more conducive for people watching instead of flower watching. All I see is a sea of people. Nonetheless, I can understand how they are such a hit, especially when you get rained on by the little white petals. There was also a patch of tulips at Tidal Basin. I tried to make these flowers interesting, but tulips are just so boring in pictures. I tried to find ones that are wilting so they would have more character, but they were annoyingly perfect.

I am hoping my postings will become more regular once I finish my comprehensive exam. I am seriously counting down the days until I am forever done with classes. Taking these photos did help me de-stress a bit. The Puerto Rico photos WILL get posted soon...as soon as I find them.

























1 comment:

  1. Looks most excellent -- can't wait to see these in person next year.

    ReplyDelete

Pages - Menu

My Blog List